Techniques to improve your conflict style
Posted July 21, 2009on:
1. Think about your last conflict. How did you handle it?
2. How could you have handled it better?
3. Think of someone who you admire and how they handle conflict. What would they have done?
4. What is the first step that you need to take to improve your conflict style?.
5. Realize that your values and beliefs have validity but that they are not the only values
and opinions in the world. That other people have different core beliefs and values.
6. Set a goal on examining your next conflict. If you fly off the handle easily, be aware of
that and behave just the opposite. You may walk away to keep yourself from screaming at someone.
7. If you are passive or passive aggressive, recognize that you have to begin to voice your opinions and that you have the right to do so.